Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The time has come...

4 posters

Go down

time - The time has come... Empty The time has come...

Post by pianohama Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Sup andrew ^^.

So I was thinking.. And I came to the conclusion that, maybe it is time to expand this forum a bit more? I was thinking of instead of making a "piano only" forum we could expand it into being a "Music forum" where you can have everything about music in general. Songwriting, Guitar, Digital musicmaking(studio stuff), singing etc.

I think this will greatly contribute to the forum, there will be more users here. And the piano part of the forum will remain untouched ^^.
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

time - The time has come... Empty Re: The time has come...

Post by VictorCS Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:10 pm

I <3 this idea Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:44 am

I'm skeptic Razz

I think that might be a big mess with 10-15 more forums within the forum, but its Andrews forum. My vote is to keep it the way it is... Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:56 am

While thinking about it, we alredy have a "Talk about anything", wouldnt be nonsense make a thread about stuff there...

Like "The Guitar Topic" or "The Digital Music Topic"...

So we actually dont really need expanding, even tho I thought it was a good idea a few minutes ago ^_^
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:58 am

bigger forum means more moderators. and its kinda absurd to have a whole forum in a single thread in my opinion.. the thing is to attract more users...
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:30 am

hmmmm.... those are some interesting ideas...

*thinks about things for 10 minutes*

Well... I don't honestly know a whole heck of a lot about guitar or drums etc. I'm a pianist myself, as are most of us. Now one thing i DO know is that there is a HUGE market for piano players, if you look at other piano forums they've got tens of thousands of members.

I think the biggest lack of user base is, that this forum isn't as well known. Usually when people discover it they join it seems. Part of the reason the forum helps people is probably because of the personal and caring attitude we present to people. I think we should be careful not to over expand ourselves in a direction we don't really know to much about. Unless there are some guitar masters or drummers around us?

Anyway. Here's a plan I think we can start off with to start energizing the forum.

step 1: Create a moderator and teacher only forum where we can discuss new ideas and new topics to implement to the general community. We can create plans to help boost knowledge etc.

Step 2: This one sounds very simple, but word of mouth. I think we should encourage everyone to spread the word and invite their friends. If even half the users could convince 2 new users to join we would double the user population here. (the problem is, I don't like to go to people and push my own forum on them) I already have my name everywhere and run the youtube channel, I don't want pull and ego trip and start pushing my help on people. The best part is for you guys to recommend the forum to people who are interested in piano.

The biggest problem I have on the forum is typing hurts so bad... So I'm pretty handy capped when it comes to posting often. It's the constant battle between throbbing arms vs recovery.

If you guys want to expand we can be up for it. Let me know who wants to be invovled in expanding it, and we can create a think tank and organize.

I think one idea would be to have a topic where all the moderators suggest new topics, then we take one of those topics from the discussion and create that new topic, one per day.

Also we could expand into the aspect of teaching music to others since pedagogy is such a broad topic.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:45 am

After thinking more, I think you make a good point, there are things we could offer to. We just want to keep the general careing nature of the forum, also not let it get crazy and dis organized. Let's keep helping people, but only if we KNOW what we're talking about. I don't want this forum to become a joke with people giveing advice to people who know nothing of the topic they're talking about.

We should talk about this more Smile Everyone post your thoughts on this.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Let me know when you created this private sector ^^.
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:52 pm

VictorCS wrote:While thinking about it, we alredy have a "Talk about anything", wouldnt be nonsense make a thread about stuff there...

So we actually dont really need expanding, even tho I thought it was a good idea a few minutes ago ^_^

Yeah, I agree, cause there is openings to talk about guitars, drums ect - But if the idea is to teach and help(officially) then there must be a garantee that the advice is correct ect and then Andrew would have hired a "pro" drummer, "pro" guitarist ect... But now when its a piano forum, people know they can trust the pianoadvice ect and should know that the extra info could be less correct... Ah well, thats just my thought about this..
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Thomandy wrote:
VictorCS wrote:While thinking about it, we alredy have a "Talk about anything", wouldnt be nonsense make a thread about stuff there...

Yeah, I agree, cause there is openings to talk about guitars, drums ect - But if the idea is to teach and help(officially) then there must be a garantee that the advice is correct ect and then Andrew would have hired a "pro" drummer, "pro" guitarist ect... But now when its a piano forum, people know they can trust the pianoadvice ect and should know that the extra info could be less correct... Ah well, thats just my thought about this..

Actually nobody has said it has to be a guitar forum where we "teach guitar" I said we should have a board where you can *discuss* it. I've seen lots of forums where they have guitar, drums, piano etc without any good teachers and still theres loads of members.
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 am

I like the new stuff.... Time will show how it'll work Very Happy

And I do advertise Andrew's forum everywhere Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

pianohama wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

Actually nobody has said it has to be a guitar forum where we "teach guitar" I said we should have a board where you can *discuss* it. I've seen lots of forums where they have guitar, drums, piano etc without any good teachers and still theres loads of members.

Yeah I see what you mean Smile And I agree, but I still feel that it would be enough with a: Misc Instrument and then guitar, drums ect could be topics in that forums. Since this forum is called: How to play piano - I dont think guitar, drums ect should be on the front page like: Genaral Piano Discussion - But in a Misc Instrument Discussion insted Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 pm

I think Song Writing & Song Production and Vocal Topics should be merged.

Song writing and song production is kinda the same and the lyrics is the same too. 3 could be 1.

Singing technic.... Hmm... ^_^

Guitar could get added to Misc Musical Instruments, only General Guitar Discussion,
because technic and guitar song could be discussed there.
Wind and string could go into other instruments

Song Writing & Music Production
- Writing and produsing music
- Synthesizers & Other Music Technology

Misc Musical Instruments
- Guitar Discussion
- Drum Discussion
- Other Instruments Discussion

EDIT: Suggestion to not overflow the frontpage Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down