Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise?

3 posters

Go down

elise - HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise? Empty HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise?

Post by CaptainAhabNZ Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:59 am

Woo hoo, I've got Beethoven on the run now What a Face , I can pretty much play the middle piece of fur elise, but I can't work out how to do the timing of the turn?.

As I am a beginner I have been drawing "hands together lines" on the music to show where the bass and trebble notes are played together, it has really helped me.

But with the turn, all that is written is the C note and the turn symbol, so I don't know how to work out how to play each note of the turn in relation to each note of the bass (I hope that makes sense).

I have watched countless you tube videos of people playing it but it is still not clear, does anyone have any tips how to master the turn confused

CaptainAhabNZ
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 41
Job/hobbies : Piano (of course!), guitar, & Sailing
Length of time playing piano : 2 months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

elise - HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise? Empty Re: HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise?

Post by Amro Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 pm

CaptainAhabNZ wrote:Woo hoo, I've got Beethoven on the run now What a Face , I can pretty much play the middle piece of fur elise, but I can't work out how to do the timing of the turn?.

As I am a beginner I have been drawing "hands together lines" on the music to show where the bass and trebble notes are played together, it has really helped me.

But with the turn, all that is written is the C note and the turn symbol, so I don't know how to work out how to play each note of the turn in relation to each note of the bass (I hope that makes sense).

I have watched countless you tube videos of people playing it but it is still not clear, does anyone have any tips how to master the turn confused

Look at this : https://afpa.hooxs.com/dynamics-signs-f2/how-could-i-play-this-turn-t451.htm

Hope that helps Very Happy
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

elise - HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise? Empty Re: HELP! How do you work out the timing for the turn in Fur Elise?

Post by lepianoman Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:42 pm

lepianoman
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, arranger, singer, pianist - and other stuff during the day :)
Length of time playing piano : Seven years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down