Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

elise - Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 10 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:28 am

Admin Andrew wrote: WHOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! THOMAS!!!! I"M SO SURPISED!!!!! You did SOO WELL!!! I'm sure you're hoping for more than just me saying how great you did, you want some tips to improve even further don't you?

Hehehe Very Happy Yesss! cheers cheers

Admin Andrew wrote:Alright, well here's what I can come up with, now keep in mind i'd say you played this VERY well, if i was marking you, I would've given you "First Class Honors" which it between 80-89 and is VERY VERY GOOD! I normally get first class honors for my pieces, and sometimes I get in the 90's as well, which is very tough to do, but it's possible.

Thats Awesome!! Smile That was my goal, I said to Angela that I wouldnt post untill I felt confident I could get at least a 70 Smile

Admin Andrew wrote:At 1:25 you progressed into some quicker notes with the RH, I felt that some of them were slightly uneven, and it sounded liek you didnt' have full control of the notes at that time...
Yeah, I hear I got of to a "bad" start, but troughout parts of the performance I get these small "nervousattacks" when i pull of different parts Razz I feel I pulled it of alot smoother when I get trough that first repetition! Smile From 1.25+ I think I hear a more fluent run dont you think? =)

Tips taken! Ill try to stick more in the middle Very Happy

Admin Andrew wrote:Your trills at 0:48-0:50 were VERY VERY well done, clean, quick and well voiced (very impressed)

Tnx Very Happy Yeah, I usually nail 1 or two great trills. Like in this one, 2 of my trills are noticable less smooth that the one at 0:50 pig
hehe.. But working on that aswell Smile

Admin Andrew wrote:Now, around 1:58 you get to the octave section, this section looked more difficult than the rest for you, your RH hand looked tense and very ridged, I could see your hand locked in one position the key here is to keep your hand almost completely relaxed..

Yeah, now is when you get a bit fooled by the camera actually. Cause I have woorked alot to feel just like jello when playing this . Im just a tad tightening my two fingers, and just bouncing. Smile (I watched how you do it in your ImprovRec, tryed ti imitate that)

But I hear you!! Smile Ill parctice the voicing to get a better voice here!! Smile

Admin Andrew wrote:On the chords at 3:20 Try to voice the TOP note of each chord in your RH so that you're highlighting the melody line, this will give a nicer more singing quality to your chords and the other notes will act as a filler, which makes the chord sound less blocky and more organic ^_^

Aaah Very Happy Yeah, I understand! Ill work on that! I havent thought about that at all. Awesome!! Very Happy

Admin Andrew wrote:On the VERY last two chords, when you play the 2nd chord you could hesitate and tease the audience for just a SPLIT second to make them listen for the last chord ^_^

I usually do that. But I had a nervous period since I felt everything was going so well I rushed it Sad

Admin Andrew wrote:Overall, i'd give you a mark of 84 on the piece ^_^ VERY VERY VERY good work! I"m GREATLY impressed!! Anything that sounded bad up there were minor details that I said to help you keep learning! ^_^

Take care!!! Thanks SO much for this performance i GREATLY enjoyed it! I'm proud of you

cheers

Yaaay!!! Very Happy Then my work is SOOO worth it! Very Happy I was hoping over 80 and satisfied with 70 as I said to Your girl =)) hehe
Great to have something like this review to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the thought of it that has kept me motivated to do that extra work on it. Smile

Thank you SO much!! Smile You are Awesome! sunny
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

elise - Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 10 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

Rykaerdoe wrote:xD i am totally amazed ^_^, very nice Thomandy!

Thank you!! Very Happy

zihanah wrote:wow thomandy
you real good at playing
i wish to play good like thet one day
good jobb Smile

You will be with the same amount of practicetime I god! I am sure Smile

Amro wrote:Wow Thomandy ...
We are all amazed ...

I Got a great feeling Now ...
How Do you Feel ??

Well ... Great Job & Keep Going ...

Tnx!! Very Happy I feel very good now actually Very Happy hehe
I tryed to record maby 10 times, and about 20-30 min at the time before I finally got that take!! So 4-5 hours!! Thats frustrating, hehe Very Happy But now: Relefed!! Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:26 am

Thomandy

You're VERY welcome, ^_^ You did some EXCELLENT work on it, the least I could do was try to give you a few ideas. I'm sorry if i pointed out things you already knew. I try not to do that to people! Please accept my appology for that.

Great performance!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:45 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
Thomandy

You're VERY welcome, ^_^ You did some EXCELLENT work on it, the least I could do was try to give you a few ideas. I'm sorry if i pointed out things you already knew. I try not to do that to people! Please accept my appology for that.

Great performance!

Hehehe, nono!!! You GOT TO KEEP ON pointing out everything you see!!!! Very Happy
Thats what I love about your feedback Very Happy You arent afraid to be honest!! If I hadnt gotten that Fur Elise Feedback in my face as I did I would never have progressed like this!!!!!!!! Belive me! Smile

This I a GREAT feedback. Cause I take ALL your tips and use them straight to the point the next time I go to the piano!!

So now: Apology for that apology afro hehehe!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:00 pm

Simply amazing! This piece is awesome and you performed it SO WELL! Wink
I heard about your secret piece, so I was like: Hum..What it could be? Laughing
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 pm

CripKilla wrote:Simply amazing! This piece is awesome and you performed it SO WELL! Wink
I heard about your secret piece, so I was like: Hum..What it could be? Laughing

Thank you Crip Very Happy

Hehe you heard about it hey? hehe
So what did you think it might have been?? Laughing
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Haha! I thought it will be like Clair de Lune! Laughing but now that make sense ^^ Exclamation Wink Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by zihanah Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Thomandy wrote:
zihanah wrote:wow thomandy
you real good at playing
i wish to play good like thet one day
good jobb Smile

You will be with the same amount of practicetime I god! I am sure Smile

that cool
how much you practice anyway?
zihanah
zihanah
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 27
Job/hobbies : speel klavier en te dans XD (play piano and dancing)
Length of time playing piano : een maand (one month)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:36 pm

that was BRILLIANT thomandy! really brilliant.

The fast runs were great, timing was in order, etc. loved it.

Thumbs up!! cheers

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming, Piano, Programming
Length of time playing piano : Since Feb. 08
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:
Thomandy

Great performance!

Hehehe, nono!!! You GOT TO KEEP ON pointing out everything you see!!!! Very Happy
Thats what I love about your feedback Very Happy You arent afraid to be honest!! If I hadnt gotten that Fur Elise Feedback in my face as I did I would never have progressed like this!!!!!!!! Belive me! Smile

This I a GREAT feedback. Cause I take ALL your tips and use them straight to the point the next time I go to the piano!!

Ok! Smile well, i'm glad my feedback didn't piss you off. Sometimes I get annoyed by people on youtube who try to give me advice like "oh you need to do somethign called rubato" When people assume I have no idea what they're talkign about, it's alittle annoying, since i've been playing since i was 5 years old. Anyway! I just try not to do the same thing I don't like to other people. But if you like me pointing out EVERYTHING Smile I'll do that then, maybe it's a good reminder? I just don't want to get on your nerves
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:
Thomandy

Great performance!

Ok! Smile well, i'm glad my feedback didn't piss you off. Sometimes I get annoyed by people on youtube who try to give me advice like "oh you need to do somethign called rubato" When people assume I have no idea what they're talkign about, it's alittle annoying, since i've been playing since i was 5 years old. Anyway! I just try not to do the same thing I don't like to other people. But if you like me pointing out EVERYTHING Smile I'll do that then, maybe it's a good reminder? I just don't want to get on your nerves

I know that it's not my own topic ,, & I couldn't say this ...
But Actually & without kidding ...

I wanna say that Andrew is the most beautiful teacher in the world ever .. I swear ..
I told you that before & I will forever ..

Because u really taught millions of people ..

You are GREAT Andrew ..

& don't care for anyone .. U are the Best .. cheers
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:45 pm

CripKilla wrote:Haha! I thought it will be like Clair de Lune! Laughing but now that make sense ^^ Exclamation Wink Wink

Hehe Very Happy Aaah Smile Good it wasnt to obvious then Very Happy

zihanah wrote:
that cool
how much you practice anyway?

I try to parctice at least 1 hour every day. Usually 1-2 hours maby. Some days 3-4 hours, and just as many days 15-20min. But then I only do scales or somthing like that - WITH metronome Wink Important Very Happy I now do scales at 175bpm... Not totally under control yet. But, getting there! Razz hehe

Thomandy wrote:
Phi wrote:that was BRILLIANT thomandy! really brilliant.

The fast runs were great, timing was in order, etc. loved it.

Thumbs up!! cheers

Yaaay flower Thanks Phi Very Happy Its awesome to get such great feedback from the public when I have put alot of effort into something Very Happy Tnx!! Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 am

Yes, practising scales works wonders. I never realised this until I started to do it, and now everything else seems to be getting a little bit easier Very Happy

Thomandy, I wanted to congratulate you as well here in the forum. You really deserve it! As I said, you are an inspiration. Keep it up!
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Casyopea wrote: As I said, you are an inspiration. Keep it up!
Total agreeing!
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Royal Nobody Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow, this is really nice Thomandy. This song is one of my favorites! In fact, when I just began playing piano, I worked on this song. But it was too hard for me. Also I notice now I got the fingering all wrong. Maybe I'll try this piece in the near future, I've got the sheet music so it can be done:)
Anyway, keep it up!
The Royal Nobody
The Royal Nobody
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Playing piano, drums, guitar. Philosophy, soccer, chess, squash and of course hanging out with frien
Length of time playing piano : about half a year
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kjetil Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Okay, did you actuallt do this after just 7 months of playing the piano ? If you did your gonna have to tell me your adress so I can come and kick your ass cause that was awesome ! Congrats on that performance ! This actually motivated me to play another hour though my damn pinkie gave up on me 2 hours ago. NICE !

For å si det på bergensk JÆLLA BRA !

Kjetil
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : High voltage electrician offshore. Hobbies, Cars (Nissan), Snowboard, Movies, Music, Travel
Length of time playing piano : 2 weeks
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am

Kjetil wrote:Okay, did you actuallt do this after just 7 months of playing the piano ? If you did your gonna have to tell me your adress so I can come and kick your ass cause that was awesome ! Congrats on that performance ! This actually motivated me to play another hour though my damn pinkie gave up on me 2 hours ago. NICE !

For å si det på bergensk JÆLLA BRA !

Hehehe Smile Yeah Smile I actually did. I live close to Oslo, but please dont kick my ass Wink haha
Tnx Smile Smile On tip about the pinkie, if it hurts to much dont give it more asswoppin' It might hurt cause its week. Like the ringfinger. They are both naturally week. Smile It would suck if you got a "scenebetennelse"

Hehe, takk takk Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:38 am

Casyopea wrote:Yes, practising scales works wonders. I never realised this until I started to do it, and now everything else seems to be getting a little bit easier Very Happy

Thomandy, I wanted to congratulate you as well here in the forum. You really deserve it! As I said, you are an inspiration. Keep it up!

Yeah Smile I would never have don that "scale" part that "good" if I hadnt practiced scales almost every day with metronome Smile But I need as Andrew said, get it abit more even, so metronome, here I come! Very Happy

And thanks for that Awsome compliment! Embarassed

CripKilla wrote:
Casyopea wrote: As I said, you are an inspiration. Keep it up!
Total agreeing!

Thank you to Crip SmileSmileSmile

The Royal Nobody wrote:Wow, this is really nice Thomandy. This song is one of my favorites! In fact, when I just began playing piano, I worked on this song. But it was too hard for me. Also I notice now I got the fingering all wrong. Maybe I'll try this piece in the near future, I've got the sheet music so it can be done:)
Anyway, keep it up!

Tnx! Smile Yeah, it wont hurt to try it out! And woops you can play it to Smile Good luck Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:12 pm

I got Curious: In Page 8 you put a Mozart picture...was that a sign or something? ^^
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:16 pm

CripKilla wrote:I got Curious: In Page 8 you put a Mozart picture...was that a sign or something? ^^

Hehehe.... of course Wink.... but.. Nah, that was a picture I drew long before I even thought about learning Turkish March Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 am

New Zelda Piece Smile Love this piece From Kakariko Village Smile

Zelda Twilight Princess - Kakariko Village Theme
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:30 am

Woow !!
Another Great Performance ...
I LOVE this Piece Thomas ...

GREAT GREAT GREAT ...

You are Playing so Good ... Like a Star @ heaven
Andrew have to check this out Very Happy

Loved IT .. Cool
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Amro wrote:Woow !!
Another Great Performance ...
I LOVE this Piece Thomas ...

GREAT GREAT GREAT ...

You are Playing so Good ... Like a Star @ heaven
Andrew have to check this out Very Happy

Loved IT .. Cool

Hi there Amro Very Happy Thanks a lot SmileSmile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Royal Nobody Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Really nice played Thomandy. I also liked the editing in the video nice job Smile You should be a real director Laughing
Anyway keep up the good work!
The Royal Nobody
The Royal Nobody
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Playing piano, drums, guitar. Philosophy, soccer, chess, squash and of course hanging out with frien
Length of time playing piano : about half a year
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:23 pm

The Royal Nobody wrote:Really nice played Thomandy. I also liked the editing in the video nice job Smile You should be a real director Laughing
Anyway keep up the good work!

Hehe Smile Thanks.. =)

Well, its more entertaining to get some different visuals aswell I guess. And as long as we got two cameras thats no problem. But I have to borrow a third one to get 3 angles. I guess thats no big problem either. Smile Glad you like it Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next