Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two instruments in the same sheet?

2 posters

Go down

sheet - Two instruments in the same sheet? Empty Two instruments in the same sheet?

Post by MLundegaard Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:33 pm

So I was trying to learn John Mayer's Dreaming With A Broken Heart, since it is so calm and sounds easy. The first part of the sheets went very well, but then... I came to something that I couldn't make sound right. Now i got the thought: "Maybe it is not for piano?". The notes is not even played in the original song, so I don't get it. Here's a link with a video and sheets:

http://modernpianomusic.com/free-sheet-music-for-dreaming-with-a-broken-heart-by-john-mayer/

Note that after the first two lines there's three. What do this mean?

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://mlundegaard.wep.dk

Back to top Go down

sheet - Two instruments in the same sheet? Empty Re: Two instruments in the same sheet?

Post by Thomandy Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:57 pm

Well, you got sheets that include the vocal. The top-treble clef is the vocal - The Two lower clefs (2cond treble-clef and the bass-clef) is for the pianist to play as Harmony!!! Which mean, that IF you are playing those two you will only be playing accompany!

That means you sort of lack the melody, cause thats intended for a voice.
I would suggest getting sheets that are intedef for a piano-solo of the piece, or if you got some experience or want to get some in the arranging area, you can use these sheets to arrange a piano-solo!

It CAN be good enought just to play the 1st treble clef(Melody)
And the Bass clef(Harmony) and you got a full piece.

But It MIGHT be that the Bass Clef lacks something cause of its intentions to be mixed with a melodic harmonything(dont know how to put it) - But try it out Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

sheet - Two instruments in the same sheet? Empty Re: Two instruments in the same sheet?

Post by MLundegaard Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Thomandy wrote:Well, you got sheets that include the vocal. The top-treble clef is the vocal - The Two lower clefs (2cond treble-clef and the bass-clef) is for the pianist to play as Harmony!!! Which mean, that IF you are playing those two you will only be playing accompany!

That means you sort of lack the melody, cause thats intended for a voice.
I would suggest getting sheets that are intedef for a piano-solo of the piece, or if you got some experience or want to get some in the arranging area, you can use these sheets to arrange a piano-solo!

It CAN be good enought just to play the 1st treble clef(Melody)
And the Bass clef(Harmony) and you got a full piece.

But It MIGHT be that the Bass Clef lacks something cause of its intentions to be mixed with a melodic harmonything(dont know how to put it) - But try it out Smile

That really helped a lot! On Thursday I have been playing for four weeks, so I am not that experienced Wink. My intentions was just to play the piano-part - maybe the other will come later.

I marked you answer as "Thanks".

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 pm

MLundegaard wrote:

That really helped a lot! On Thursday I have been playing for four weeks, so I am not that experienced Wink. My intentions was just to play the piano-part - maybe the other will come later.

Glad it helped Smile
Oh, 4weeks hey Smile Then you got lots of time to get to know these things.
I was like Shocked when I first saw a sheet like that as well last year Smile
Good Luck on it Smile

Are you posting it in youtube???
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by MLundegaard Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Thomandy wrote:
MLundegaard wrote:

Glad it helped Smile
Good Luck on it Smile

Hehe, yeh when I see sheets like that I just think: "Where the #$@! am I going to start?!" and how the melody should be played. I can read the notes - slowly but I can - and I know what almost all the signs means, but it is really hard to put it all together in the right rhythm and melody.

Hmm I dont think I will post it on youtube. Maybe if I am able to master the whole piece at some time Smile

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:11 pm

MLundegaard wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
MLundegaard wrote:

Glad it helped Smile
Good Luck on it Smile

Hehe, yeh when I see sheets like that I just think: "Where the #$@! am I going to start?!" and how the melody should be played. I can read the notes - slowly but I can - and I know what almost all the signs means, but it is really hard to put it all together in the right rhythm and melody.

Hmm I dont think I will post it on youtube. Maybe if I am able to master the whole piece at some time Smile

Yeah, its a bit like that to start with Smile Important to go Slow in the beginning, no matter what. Dont try to rush the progress. Because, the more mistakes you do, the longer it takes to master a piece. So its better to go Really, Really slow and do it PERFECT rather than going a bit faster and making several mistakes!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by MLundegaard Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Thomandy wrote:
MLundegaard wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
MLundegaard wrote:

Glad it helped Smile
Good Luck on it Smile

Yeah, its a bit like that to start with Smile Important to go Slow in the beginning, no matter what. Dont try to rush the progress. Because, the more mistakes you do, the longer it takes to master a piece. So its better to go Really, Really slow and do it PERFECT rather than going a bit faster and making several mistakes!! Smile

Thanks for the advice

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down