Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My little studio

2 posters

Go down

My little studio Empty My little studio

Post by Pianoted Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am

Hi you guys, wanted to tell you I've been doing some upgrading, I finally invested in a MIDI/USB cable and adapter, so I could connect my keyboards to a computer and make use of the possibilities that gives.

I decided to get the learning pack of Synthesia, so now I can play MIDI songs and the program stops until I press the right keys. It simply isn't enough for me to play from sheets or PDF-files on the screen. I have to take advantage of the digital world, like those MIDI-files which you can always play in a MIDI-player or a notation program to know how the music is supposed to sound.

The programmer of Synthesia put this funny video on YouTube, when he was testing a lighted keyboard. An unexpected guest wanted to take part in the experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoAl0r5Xgkc
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

My little studio Empty Re: My little studio

Post by jytte Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 am

Beautiful cat and hilarious video Very Happy

I've been wondering about a midi cable, but I can record off the headphone outlet (I have a splitter on it), and my PC isn't very close to my keyboard, so It's a little hard to see the screen when I'm at the piano. A little annoying at times, when I just want to play a few bars off a sheet I see, but am too cheep to print it out just to test, then I have to run back and forth, see a few notes, play them and so forth. But without having the screen right next to the piano (which isn't feasible in my office), there really aren't all that many options. One of these days I'll have to hook up one of my extra monitors to this PC as a double, and put that next to the piano I guess.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 am

Yeah it can sometimes be hard to find the right solution for all our equipment. The main reason I don't use paper sheets so much is that I tend to lose them, besides I don't want to gather a lot of paper. Regarding printing costs, it can be a considerable sum of money if you are printing a lot. Might be a better idea to buy note books in some cases.

I just have my keyboards on normal desks and put the computer behind. It's a bad setup, but I'm trying to think of a better way. It would have to be a double or triple adjustable stand, with a small adjustable shelf for a laptop, which I could lower or bring higher.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:50 pm

I have been thinking (but been too busy to actually do it) about putting an extra monitor right behind and above my piano. I just had a fatal crash on my main computer, so am working off an old dog with only one out on the card, but most computers nowadays have 2 outs, in which case you just need to "drag" the sheet (or program) to the monitor on your keyboard when you want to watch it there. In case you have only 1 out, there are switch boxes for monitor cables as well.
Anyway, one of these days..........
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down