Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about polyrythms and lesson 20

2 posters

Go down

lesson - question about polyrythms and lesson 20 Empty question about polyrythms and lesson 20

Post by pianoless Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Helloo

it has been a very long time since my last post. I took piano lessons for about 9 months, and stopped for a month because I am moving to a different place etc. It's hard to learn on my own No

So I am trying to learn this piece and it has four 8th notes in the right hand and triplets in the left hand. I watched lesson 20 about polyrhythms and I understand that it should sound like not-ver-y-diff-i-cult. That's very handy btw. However, before watching this lesson I tried to measure the notes with a ruler Razz
and i found that ver-y-diff-i-cult notes are not evenly spaced. only the 3rd note in the right hand is in the middle between the second and third notes in the left hand. The second and fourth notes are not in the middle, about 1/4 distance . So my question is, is the method in the video just an approximation to the actual rhythm, or am I being too fussy?

I hope I explained it well Razz

Cheers

not pianoless anymore Wink
pianoless
pianoless
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 24
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

lesson - question about polyrythms and lesson 20 Empty Re: question about polyrythms and lesson 20

Post by Matthieu Stepec Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 am

For some reason, the engraver of your score didn't space them evenly... But this has nothing to do with rhythm. Only the face value of the notes gives them rhythm! Not the space between the notes! Very Happy Complex pieces would be impossible to read if it was so... Even Bach's music, which has often slightly uneven spacings due to polyphony, would be a nightmare Very Happy
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Male Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : Fencing, Table Tennis
Length of time playing piano : About 15 years
Guru Points : 25
Registration date : 2009-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/matthieustepec

Back to top Go down