Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing more modern songs?

5 posters

Go down

Playing more modern songs? Empty Playing more modern songs?

Post by Voxy Roxy Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 am

Is anyone else like me out there? People who enjoy learning modern songs over classical? It's not that I don't like classical music - I find it to be very beautiful, even though I don't really know a whole lot about it. I prefer learning modern songs that involve piano though. Even though I'm not advanced with piano at all, I've just found myself more interested in learning newer songs.

Is there anyone else like this out there, or am I the odd girl out? tongue
Voxy Roxy
Voxy Roxy
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 7
Length of time playing piano : I just started.
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Playing more modern songs? Empty Re: Playing more modern songs?

Post by pianohama Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:20 am

Voxy Roxy wrote:Is anyone else like me out there? People who enjoy learning modern songs over classical? It's not that I don't like classical music - I find it to be very beautiful, even though I don't really know a whole lot about it. I prefer learning modern songs that involve piano though. Even though I'm not advanced with piano at all, I've just found myself more interested in learning newer songs.

Is there anyone else like this out there, or am I the odd girl out? tongue

I do modern music actually, mostly RnB and pop
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:31 am

I'm not really playing any music they play on the radio, I dont really know why, because there is good stuff out there, this might have something to do with that I enjoy bands where they usually use guitars, and not really the popstuff like britney, rihanna, atomic kittens etc. I do play some Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day etc on my guitar, but I do prefer guitar solo's compared to chords on the guitar, basically a melodyline, instead of the harmony, probably because I dont sing along.

Most of my pieces I play on the piano are "modern", and I was very lucky when I first got into computergaming ( not too active any longer, I've kinda lost interest ), I started out with Final Fantasy. The music is half the experience, probably some of the greatest music ever made. What really got me to want to learn the piano was "FFX - To Zanarkand", beautiful piece. Later I've been learning tunes from various Final Fantasy games, both on guitar and piano. I'm not into anime, but the intro's and outro's usually uses a japanese pop song etc. I've been trying to find time to learn those I like, but there is too little time.

I would really love to just be able to play a song using chords, so if i know how the song goes, I can just find the chords, play, and probably get people to sing along etc. This is a skill i'm not skilled in, I really hope to learn someday. Classical music? Not really, you think you'll going to settle down with bach, mozart and beethoven, but no, it doesnt really happend. I did practice one Bach piece, Toccata and Fugue, and Air in G ( pachelbel? ). I'm able to play Canon Rock, guitar arrangement of Canon in D, on the piano tho. I'm more a listener when it comes to classic music.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by surehit123 Tue May 26, 2009 10:29 am

Well, I like to play Disney songs over classical pieces. I guess that counts Very Happy
surehit123
surehit123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : 7 months
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-29

https://www.youtube.com/user/surehit123

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Tue May 26, 2009 5:35 pm

I prefer classical pieces I'm afraid but of course there is always room for game music, to never give gave music a chance is narrow minded and damn right blasphemy. Razz
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down