Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A practical question on playing chords

2 posters

Go down

chords - A practical question on playing chords Empty A practical question on playing chords

Post by maurostu04 Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:40 am

Hello, I have a list of the Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, and Locrian modes and all of the pitches in each mode. I look through the list and decide to play a melody in C lonian, so i place my fingers on respected notes. Now, I start to play around in the C lonian, but it's not sounding too good. Can I play some notes in C lonian and then move to something else like a G lonian or a G Phrygian? Also, does anyone know where I find the practical stuff of music theory. Thanks alot.

maurostu04

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

chords - A practical question on playing chords Empty Re: A practical question on playing chords

Post by VictorCS Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:07 am

Try to avoid dissonanse, then you will probably get something good out of it. You can do a little experiment, try to play only on the black keys, you'll notice that since there are no keys that are close neighbours, it'll sound good nomatter how you play.

The key to play good in any scale is to make and destroy dissonanse, but not make to much dissonanse. It's usually the dissonanse's fault that it sounds bad. But without dissonanse you wont create any tension, you actually need alittle.

Yes, you can move to other modes and scales.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down