Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Shaythong on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 am

I already know how to play and read notes on the treble clef staff and all, but is there an easy way to memorize how to read the bass clef staff notes?

Shaythong
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Admin Andrew on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 am

the lines are Green Birds Don't Fly Away,

and the spaces are All Cows Eat Grass

This starts from the bottom line or space and progresses up Smile after that, it's just practise, try memorizing a note every day and evenually you'll know it!

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 31
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Admin Andrew on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:37 am

you could also try looking at my lesson #5 i think it is, i teach about reading notes in that lesson Smile

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 31
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by maggiekedves on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am

Shaythong wrote:I already know how to play and read notes on the treble clef staff and all, but is there an easy way to memorize how to read the bass clef staff notes?

An easy and playful way I am having fun with and it helps a lot is a game called Noteattack.
You spend some time with it and it is going to strengthen your sightreading for sure.
Only after 30 minutes I could tell a big difference.
Here is the link http://www.musicmasterworks.com/midi_video_game_sheet_music.html
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Admin Andrew on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:30 am

nice link maggie ^_^ you're SO knowledgeable considering you're new in the music world Very Happy

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 31
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Phobik2000 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:nice link maggie ^_^ you're SO knowledgeable considering you're new in the music world Very Happy

I think maggie cheats tbh j/k Laughing
It's called "too much dedication" What a Face

Keep ti going maggie! cheers bounce
avatar
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Location : Uk
Job/hobbies : IT
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by maggiekedves on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:10 pm

phobik2000 wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:nice link maggie ^_^ you're SO knowledgeable considering you're new in the music world Very Happy

I think maggie cheats tbh j/k Laughing
It's called "too much dedication" What a Face

Keep ti going maggie! cheers bounce

You just hit the nail on the head flower
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Jordan on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:03 pm

lol, Google is Maggie's best friend.
avatar
Jordan
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 244
Age : 26
Location : Toronto, Canada
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by maggiekedves on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:35 am

Jordan wrote:lol, Google is Maggie's best friend.

No doubt about that. ( R U jealous?? geek )
Thanks God we have Google cheers

( You would not believe it but I grow up on libraries though... )
There is one thing noone can take from you, that is your knowledge.

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. ~Clay P. Bedford cheers

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. ~Henry L. Doherty sunny

You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond scratch

What I hear, I forget.
What I see, I remember.
What I do, I understand.
- Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)
study

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain lol!

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Gandhi

A different passion of mine Very Happy
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Admin Andrew on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:07 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:lol, Google is Maggie's best friend.

No doubt about that. ( R U jealous?? geek )
Thanks God we have Google cheers

( You would not believe it but I grow up on libraries though... )
There is one thing noone can take from you, that is your knowledge.

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. ~Clay P. Bedford cheers

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. ~Henry L. Doherty sunny

You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond scratch

What I hear, I forget.
What I see, I remember.
What I do, I understand.
- Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)
study

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain lol!

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Gandhi

A different passion of mine Very Happy

beautiful quotes maggie! i love the one " Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Gandhi" that's sort of how I try to live my life already:)

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 31
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Jordan on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:52 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:lol, Google is Maggie's best friend.

No doubt about that. ( R U jealous?? geek )
Thanks God we have Google cheers

( You would not believe it but I grow up on libraries though... )
There is one thing noone can take from you, that is your knowledge.

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. ~Clay P. Bedford cheers

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. ~Henry L. Doherty sunny

You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond scratch

What I hear, I forget.
What I see, I remember.
What I do, I understand.
- Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius)
study

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain lol!

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Gandhi

A different passion of mine Very Happy

Nice quotes, Maggie! And nah, why would I be jealous? I'm glad that you're always posting and helping out, it's a pleasure. I just thought that you google most of the stuff that you post, which is perfectly fine because you're doing a great job, regardless if you're searching for answers or not. Very Happy Keep it up!
avatar
Jordan
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 244
Age : 26
Location : Toronto, Canada
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by maggiekedves on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:13 am

Jordan wrote:
Nice quotes, Maggie! And nah, why would I be jealous? I'm glad that you're always posting and helping out, it's a pleasure. I just thought that you google most of the stuff that you post, which is perfectly fine because you're doing a great job, regardless if you're searching for answers or not. Very Happy Keep it up!

Smile Well how would I know why can u be jealous? People can be jealous for all different crazy nonsense things... but it is nice to know u r not afro
I cant help out of course many things but if I know any about the topic I might try to fabricate an easy answer. Sometimes reading few things help me to be able to interpret it for someone else..
That is only a good way for the learning process. ( In many things I dont even need to go to the internet anymore lol! thanks to my collecting spirit )

I try to participate as much as I can now... because my summer will be busy and who know how often I can help out then.
cheers I am going home to Hungary spending the whole summer with my family cheers
I will terribly miss my piano /keyboard and many other things Smile But I will check on you guys when I can sunny
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Jordan on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Smile Well how would I know why can u be jealous? People can be jealous for all different crazy nonsense things... but it is nice to know u r not afro
I cant help out of course many things but if I know any about the topic I might try to fabricate an easy answer. Sometimes reading few things help me to be able to interpret it for someone else..
That is only a good way for the learning process. ( In many things I dont even need to go to the internet anymore lol! thanks to my collecting spirit )

I try to participate as much as I can now... because my summer will be busy and who know how often I can help out then.
cheers I am going home to Hungary spending the whole summer with my family cheers
I will terribly miss my piano /keyboard and many other things Smile But I will check on you guys when I can sunny

Nice! I hope you have fun in Hungary, I'd love to go there.
avatar
Jordan
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 244
Age : 26
Location : Toronto, Canada
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Admin Andrew on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:44 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Nice quotes, Maggie! And nah, why would I be jealous? I'm glad that you're always posting and helping out, it's a pleasure. I just thought that you google most of the stuff that you post, which is perfectly fine because you're doing a great job, regardless if you're searching for answers or not. Very Happy Keep it up!

Smile Well how would I know why can u be jealous? People can be jealous for all different crazy nonsense things... but it is nice to know u r not afro
I cant help out of course many things but if I know any about the topic I might try to fabricate an easy answer. Sometimes reading few things help me to be able to interpret it for someone else..
That is only a good way for the learning process. ( In many things I dont even need to go to the internet anymore lol! thanks to my collecting spirit )

I try to participate as much as I can now... because my summer will be busy and who know how often I can help out then.
cheers I am going home to Hungary spending the whole summer with my family cheers
I will terribly miss my piano /keyboard and many other things Smile But I will check on you guys when I can sunny

Nice a trip home is always good Smile We'll miss you though Sad I hope we'll still recivie the honor of your posts every week or so Smile

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 31
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by maggiekedves on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Nice quotes, Maggie! And nah, why would I be jealous? I'm glad that you're always posting and helping out, it's a pleasure. I just thought that you google most of the stuff that you post, which is perfectly fine because you're doing a great job, regardless if you're searching for answers or not. Very Happy Keep it up!

Smile Well how would I know why can u be jealous? People can be jealous for all different crazy nonsense things... but it is nice to know u r not afro
I cant help out of course many things but if I know any about the topic I might try to fabricate an easy answer. Sometimes reading few things help me to be able to interpret it for someone else..
That is only a good way for the learning process. ( In many things I dont even need to go to the internet anymore lol! thanks to my collecting spirit )

I try to participate as much as I can now... because my summer will be busy and who know how often I can help out then.
cheers I am going home to Hungary spending the whole summer with my family cheers
I will terribly miss my piano /keyboard and many other things Smile But I will check on you guys when I can sunny

Nice a trip home is always good Smile We'll miss you though Sad I hope we'll still recivie the honor of your posts every week or so Smile
I will do my best Wink Im addicted anyway lol!
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Easier way to learn bass clef staff notes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum