Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers!

5 posters

Go down

Song - (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers! Empty (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers!

Post by 07dwarves Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:55 am

I noticed several unworthy teachers that stand on the digital street corner, on youtube, and they pedal songs as though they were drugs. Yeah, they sort of show you how to play the first part of a popular song and then they say if you want to learn the rest of the song then you have to pay money to join their other website.

In contrast, in his very first video, Lypur raised the bar because he expounded upon the teach a person to fish theory. Overall, I think this is very forward thinking, both a unique and superior position, considering that we can all clear the metaphorical streets, taking matters into our own hands, by spreading the word about the importance of learning to read music for ourselves. As more people acquire the skill to independently teach themselves songs, then we can end this cycle of vicious dependency on song guru's. As more students find their own songs then they can flock to places like this forum with an eye single to the glory of music theory and true piano skills, rather than being just seekers of the next popular song.

Yet how can we spark the fires of enthusiasm when encouraging others to learn to read? Well, I found this link about a free computer program called "noteworthy composer." Basically, the internet is a vast sea of midi files. And this free software turns any midi file into sheet music. Do not worry you guys because I found a tutorial video all about it.

Oh the horror! It is utter madness because the internet is a vast pool of songs! I did not even know what a midi file was until I saw this video! Imagine my shock! As a person who has always desired to become musical, what a revelation!

Here is the link to the tutorial video and the guy in the video seems like a totally nice person that is just trying to help out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhakdFxWHCg

Twisted Evil Oh the horror! Throwing the money changers from the temple! ( Rawr ! )(Rawr means I love you in dinosaur language)

Last edited by 07dwarves on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total
07dwarves
07dwarves
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 20
Length of time playing piano : 4 seconds
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://07dwarvespianodiary.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Song - (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers! Empty Re: (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers!

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:27 am

Hey there!!!

^_^ I'm really happy you appreciate my philosophy on teaching people to Fish for themselves rather than have them dependent on me to release another song. I would feel like to much of a musical drug pusher.

I haven't been able to welcome you fully to the forum! I'm REALLY enjoying your refreshing style of writing, I truly enjoy reading your witty posts! You express yourself very well. Are you a writer? Anyway, Thanks for the post!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Song - (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers! Empty Re: (How To Get Your Own Free Songs) Do not get addicted to song pushers!

Post by Thomandy Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:46 pm

07dwarves wrote:I noticed several unworthy teachers that stand on the digital street corner, on youtube, and they pedal songs as though they were drugs. Yeah, they sort of show you how to play the first part of a popular song and then they say if you want to learn the rest of the song then you have to pay money to join their other website.

Twisted Evil Oh the horror! Throwing the money changers from the temple! ( Roar ! )

Hehe Smile well, yeah Smile But i do have to say that, he dosnt have to be "not nice" just cause he wants to make some money Smile And youtube is a market for sure. So I actually feel that if people wants to, they can try to make money of of youtube.

Remember that if he makes money on a service, there are people that needs or/and are willing to pay to get those services. Then I feel its a win/win- situation cause he makes his money, and they get what they want aswell. Smile

Just to see the other side of that story Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Yea that's fine to get paid for it, but I hate those scams where they do NOT teach you properly yet they claim it to be some great secret. Then they charge you $150 for a set of dvd's that aren't very comprehensive. I don't mind getting paid for what I do, but if money is my #1 goal, then my quality of teaching won't be as good because I'll be focused on how to get more money, not to help more people. ^_^ So my focus is #1 on how to help people as much as I can. If i get any money out of it, that's cool I guess, but it's not why I'm doing it at all. ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:07 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Yea that's fine to get paid for it, but I hate those scams where they do NOT teach you properly yet they claim it to be some great secret. Then they charge you $150 for a set of dvd's that aren't very comprehensive. I don't mind getting paid for what I do, but if money is my #1 goal, then my quality of teaching won't be as good because I'll be focused on how to get more money, not to help more people. ^_^ So my focus is #1 on how to help people as much as I can. If i get any money out of it, that's cool I guess, but it's not why I'm doing it at all. ^_^

Yeah Smile Thats right! Money should never be more important than the people you are working with Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by prasanna Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:11 am

hai andrew and other good ones in here you are my friend and you you dont know that.you are my friend because every good ones are my friend and i love them. even they dont know me its not a matter.
yes there they teach some part and keep the balance hidden.its just good for economical survilence i mean earn money. but people like you(mr.andrew and others) will earn lots of places in peoples mind(what they say is peoples heart). im example. see im from india how far from you. but you got a place here.

prasanna
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MLundegaard Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:46 am

Seems like a nice program!

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://mlundegaard.wep.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down