Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always check the box before leaving the store - A TALE OF WOE

2 posters

Go down

tale - Always check the box before leaving the store - A TALE OF WOE Empty Always check the box before leaving the store - A TALE OF WOE

Post by CaptainAhabNZ Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:41 am

Woo hoo, I have decided to get more serious about my playing and I went and purchased a Roland HP203 digital piano today, have been using a Yamaha E303 keyboard, which is a great keyboard, but it has the same old problems of most keyboards, not enough keys only 67 , the feel is not like a piano, no pedals, and the sound is not really as good as a digital or real piano.

So I have been doing my research and decided on either a Yamaha CLP 280 or the Roland HP203, but considering I could get the Roland over $2000.00 cheaper on sale I went for that. Anyway after driving all over the city I finaly purchased the HP203, the friendly salesman helped me put it in my car, and as I was driving home (about 5mins from home) I was gazing at the box and saw the words "1 of 2" & just below that the words "cabinet supplied in a seperate box"!!! so I called back the store on my cell phone and the salesman ran out to check the storeroom and sure enough the second box was still there.

As the store is on the other side of the city and it was now rush hour there was no point trying to go back, so now I have to wait until tomorrow before I can play it, it is just sitting there....in its drab brown cardboard box...... I think this is going to be a very long night waiting until I can go back and get the cabinet.....it feels a bit like Chistmas eve night ...... so remeber ALWAYS check the box before leaving the store or you'll end up like me spending the night reading the instruction manual and drooling over the picture in the pamphlet, thinking of things that might have been....sigh Sad

CaptainAhabNZ
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 41
Job/hobbies : Piano (of course!), guitar, & Sailing
Length of time playing piano : 2 months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

tale - Always check the box before leaving the store - A TALE OF WOE Empty Re: Always check the box before leaving the store - A TALE OF WOE

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am

Smile that's a good story, it makes me feel two feelings.

1: I feel bad for you knowing how badly you must want to play.

2: I want to laugh because it's tragically funny, and I don't feel bad laughing because I know you'll get it tomorrow Smile So it's not TOO bad Very Happy

Good luck! Smile Enjoy your new toy tomorrow!!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down