Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing song

4 posters

Go down

Song - Amazing song  Empty Amazing song

Post by Risella Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Really this is Amazing, can someone tell me if there is any Sheet music of this song and how it's calt..Or where I can find it??

!!!!This song!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA&feature=player_embedded

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 11
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Song - Amazing song  Empty Re: Amazing song

Post by jytte Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:14 am

Unfortunately this is one of the videos I can't see on my PC, but it says underneath the video: Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'Un Autre Été, which looks like the composer/title, so try googling that.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks Jytte, I did not see that one. But I found it now because the composer and title!
To bad that it is a verry hard number....think it will take a wile before I can play it. Crying or Very sad
Don't even have a piano yet Razz

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, no, if you're just piano shopping at the moment, it'll be a few weeks before you're playing this one Very Happy

But it is beautiful. Here it is, played by "Katharina", doesn't look too bad though.
And here is the SHEET (this website has lots more Tiersen sheets!)

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Wouw Thanks Jytte!!

I wanne believe you that I can play this in a few weeks...but for now it really looks hard..but i'm certainly going to try to play it so fast! flower

I'm on lesson 6 now, so i'm learning to read the sheet music and stuff.....Pff thats hard! bounce

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:01 pm

I've got many months of playing behind me, and I'm telling you, this IS hard. I'm not even going to try that yet.

I'm curious, how in Gods name are you practicing, if you don't have a piano yet? That sounds interesting. Or are you just reading up on the theory?

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:05 pm

This song is absolutely amazing. Can't get enough of it. And the animated video really gets to you. (:
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 am

Ohh Jytte, we misunderstood each other. I can't play yet and I thought that you said with a lot of practis I could play this song....No I cant practise because I don't have a piano yet...I'm now reading and learning the Reading sheet music video 6 and begin today with the Interval Music theory video 7.

I practise with my fingers on the table but I don't think ( I know) that that is something comparable with playing on the piano. But I can practise like this loosing up my fingers alreaddy a little. Playing and practise the first 3 video's will I do when I have my Piano. Than I will watch them again and practise on my Piano.

Monday I'm going too rent a piano, because bying 1 is too expensive.
Don't now how long it will take from that moment when I get the piano...I think a week or something.

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:07 am

Your totally right Kelly!

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 am

jytte wrote:I've got many months of playing behind me, and I'm telling you, this IS hard. I'm not even going to try that yet.

Have some questions:
How many months are you playing now?
and what can you play now?
And how many hours do you practice a day?

I really don't now what to expact. Razz

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:26 am

Around 7 months of active playing. I spend up to 8 hours a day "with the piano", but not all of it is spent playing, lately I spend more time working with scores and stuff, that's just how I have fun at the moment, but I learn a lot from it. If you look at my website listing, I can play pieces from the "5" group (but not necessarily all that well).

But you can't really use that information for anything. There are no "guidelines" on how people progress. I've seen people playing awesome after just one year, and others not so much. We are all different. Age has a lot to do with it, and of course natural talent. Then it depends on how much time you put in to actual training on the piano and so on.

It's not important either. As I read in your introduction, you are 27 and I assume have never played piano before. That probably means that you are going to be a happy amateur (like most of us), playing because you love music and have fun with it. And that's what matters, not how good you eventually get or how fast you get there. You can have just as much fun playing simple pieces with solid chords, as you can playing the really difficult stuff.

Few people have that much time to spend on the piano. But it is important that you do try to spend time every day playing, even if it's only 15 minutes or half an hour. And you'll need some time "off the piano" as well, reading up on theory and things like that. You will also find out, that you can actually "practice" without being at the piano. I have a dog too, and an hour spent taking a walk in the woods with him, is also an hour spent thinking about music in general, the piece I'm learning at the moment, and maybe humming the rhythm while mentally imagining the movement on the keyboard (use to do that in the beginning).

It is going to be hard and sometimes frustrating in the beginning. You are going to feel very clumsy and have a hard time using your left hand to play (I'm assuming here that you are right-handed), and an even harder time playing with both of them at the same time. But don't let that stop you. We've all been there. You start with the little "first pieces", the very simple things, and some scales, and go very slow. It will seem impossible at first, but it will all come together sooner than you think.

And you will find, that the first time you manage to play "Ode to Joy" (an easy piece that it seems eeeeeveryone learns), it feels as great as had you just played Beethoven's 5th Smile It's always that way, no matter what level you're at. Each piece learned is an accomplishment, makes you feel great, and prepares you for the next step.

Look for music that you really like to listen to, to practice on, cause it's gonna take a while to learn, and it is much easier to learn music you know and like, and also much easier to "stick with it".

Just go for it, have fun with it, and don't forget you're always welcome to ask question here.

PS: It sounds like you are wanting a "real piano". I don't mean to discourage that, but they are very very expensive. Have you considered a keyboard? They are very INexpensive, plenty big to learn on, have the advantage of a headset (so nobody else is forced to listen), and you can always "trade up" later. Just an idea. Lots of people can't afford or have room for a piano.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Like Jytte said maybe you can get a keyboard instead but personally I would recommend a digital piano as it's alot more piano-like compared to a keyboard. But if you're going to get an acoustic piano maybe get an used one, some people (at least here in Sweden) give away their old uprights however they might not be in the best condition so you might need a tuner to tune and voice it. If you buy an acoustic piano it should be tuned and voiced at least twice a year which can be costly in the long run. With a digital piano you avoid those costs but you don't get the same realness and to get really close to the acoustic ones you need a pretty expensive digital piano. You might want to take a look at the Fundamentals of Piano Practice as there's a section in there about different types of pianos. The section can be found at pages 181-189 of the pdf. format of the book:
http://c0431582.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/book.pdf

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:10 pm

PS: Risella, as long as you don't have a piano, you might find the interactive exercises on musictheory.net helpful.

Or, you could download NoteCard, it's free and it's a great tool, I used to "play" with it a lot.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

You can also check out Andrew's music theory lessons, they are VERY useful and fun!

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Where can I find them??

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:17 pm

right here
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Risella Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks!

Risella
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist