Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right fingering for Bridal March

2 posters

Go down

Right fingering for Bridal March Empty Right fingering for Bridal March

Post by Pianoted Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi fellow users, thought you could maybe help me out on this. I'm practising a simplified version of The Bridal March and as usual I'm not so sure about fingering.

Can you tell me the right fingering for this piece? Please click the image to see the whole score, it was too big to fit in the post, so the rightmost part is cut off.

I was thinking about playing it with the right hand only, even though there are right and left hand clefs, because it is very simple and I'm still mostly playing simple pieces, getting a feel for the keyboard.

Right fingering for Bridal March Grandstaff
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Right fingering for Bridal March Empty Re: Right fingering for Bridal March

Post by jytte Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Hello Ted,

Getting married, are we??

Benedetti has a version with fingering on (it's on my webpage), you could try that one instead, I don't see much difference, unless the score You're looking at is longer than what you show here.

Apart from that, there really isn't a "right fingering". What works for you, and that you, bar by bar, can play at good speed, is the "right" fingering for you.

Have a look at the Benedetti, and if that's no good for you, I'll take another look.

PS: don't play with right hand only. The whole purpose of these little starters are to get you used to using both hands.

PS PS; added the link
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:55 pm

No unfortunately not getting married, but if it happens I'll be ready to play the bridal march. Very Happy

Yes it's the same score, but I accidentally cut off the last middle C when i was making the picture. I can see I should look more on your website!

This piece is taken from Gmajor Music Theory and you have that link on your site. It comes bunddled with Synthesia, so that when you download it the Gmajor midi files are included.

You're probably right about the both hands. I'll start practising BM by looking at the Benedetti sheet, better than using Synthesia (without the learning pack), because then you learn reading notes.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:18 pm

For the first pieces, DeBenedetti's scores are great. And the one I have (and is listed on my pager) IS from Gmajor Music Theory, so I'm a little confused as to how you have another version, Oh well, no matter. Look at the regular sheet, you're much better off with that.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down