Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I found a little gem !! Matador Theme

3 posters

Go down

I found a little gem !!   Matador Theme Empty I found a little gem !! Matador Theme

Post by jytte Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 pm

I found a gem! It’s the Theme from a Danish TV-series called “Matador” (that means “Tycoon” in English).
I spent years watching the original series and the re-runs, so this is so familiar to me and maybe I’m bias, but I think this is a beautiful little melody (written 1978 by Bent Fabricius Bjerre).

I finally managed to get the original theme sound file, and found this video (below) on YouTube with a Danish fellow playing the theme. I thought I’d share it with you, since probably very few, if any, of you have ever heard this.

Between the original tune and this video, I managed to make a full score (cause I reeeally want to play this). I also made an easier version (solid chords for use with keyboard, or not) for those who are not up to tackling the full score yet, and I even found a video as well of another guy playing a short’n easy version on a keyboard.

Scores, midis, mp3 etc. are all on my webpage

MATADOR Theme, played by Alexander Flemming:

Last edited by jytte on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

I found a little gem !!   Matador Theme Empty Re: I found a little gem !! Matador Theme

Post by Kelly Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Very nice theme song. I looked up the series and it seems to be an interesting one. Although in portuguese 'matador' means killer. scratch
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

I found a little gem !!   Matador Theme Empty Re: I found a little gem !! Matador Theme

Post by jytte Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Yea, but not entirely strange, a Tycoon often kills smaller business in order to become "Tycoon", he he.
The Series is a very good one, and I can't wait to get it on video, since there's a version out now with English subtitles (my husband does not speak Danish). It is distinctly Danish though, and I don't know if the humor and underlying meanings (that makes it so precious to us) gets through to a non-danish audience. But who knows, I've watched a number of japanese movies (subtitled) with great pleasure. It's especially funny when they rattle on for about 5 minutes, and the subtitles says as mush as "thank you", go figure.
Music, though, is universal, and I'm glad you like it.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Very nice this title song of Matador. The series was shown in Iceland 10-15 years ago and was quite popular. I never saw them but I was always hearing people talking about them.

I saw a clip from Matador on YouTube and noticed one of the actors was the guy who was in Olsen banden (Olsen gang.) Great movies, saw some of them.

Maybe I should see the Matador series to brush up on my Danish!
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Yes, Bent Fabricius Bjerre has a cerstain style, that I like very much. I have several of his pieces.

What you saw must have been Ove Sprogø, he is the main character in the "Olsen banden" movies, and plays the doctor in Matador. He was one of the most popular actors in Denmark. If you already know a little Danish, and maybe get subtitles as well, I think you'd enjoy the series very much, it's a very heartwarming tale of the quirks of human nature.

I didn't notice before that you're from Iceland. Nice to meet a fellow "viking" Smile

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Nice to meet you too, fellow viking! I was in Malmö this summer and went to Copenhagen for a day, great city to visit.

I'll see if I can get Matador on DVD or some of the Olsen banden movies!
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down