Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Story Theme (Where do I begin) - EASY

2 posters

Go down

Love Story Theme (Where do I begin) - EASY Empty Love Story Theme (Where do I begin) - EASY

Post by jytte Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 pm

As a beginner, I am still at the level where pieces with solid chords are the easiest to play. So, although I diligently practice the “harder stuff”, I return to these to relax and enjoy myself. Once I get over the initial state of “awe” that I can actually play the piece Smile it can get a little flat and boring to listen to, so I turn to the technical wonders of my little keyboard (Yamaha PSR E313) and use a style (rhythm) and sometimes add a dual voice or harmony to “pep it up” a bit, and then it sounds pretty cool, even with my limited abilities.

I recently heard the Love Story Theme again, and although I didn’t care for the movie, I love the tune, and it sounded like it couldn’t be very hard. Not finding a sheet that suited me, I made a score myself (written in C), adding the solid chords. Melody is very easy to learn, and it only uses few chords, still sounds nice.

Thought I’d share this, so I’m posting the sheet, and also a recording of me playing it (I know it’s a bit wobbly and there’s an oops at the end, I still need practice, so don’t shoot me, it’s just so that you can hear what it sounds like).

For anyone wondering, I’m using voice 01 (piano), dual voice (strings), style 01 (4/4, 8 beat modern) and 80 Bpm.

sheet music PDF

recording MP3

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Love Story Theme (Where do I begin) - EASY Empty Re: Love Story Theme (Where do I begin) - EASY

Post by Rayman Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks for posting. I'll check this out.
Rayman
Rayman
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Number of posts : 59
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down