Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation

2 posters

Go down

piano - Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation Empty Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation

Post by ZoologyGirl Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 am

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is in town and I've been out there taking photos and video just about everyday. I'll create a thread later with more vids and pics, but since this is a piano forum I thought I'd post this up right away. It is for the Arboleda family in Neenah, WI. The father, Rhex, is a music teacher and writes his own music as well. The Neenah police department and Heid Music donated a piano for the family.

(yes, it is a HUGE house on a tiny lot...from what I've heard it is one of the smallest, if not THE smallest, lot size they have worked on)

ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : Reptile caretaker. Nature lover.
Length of time playing piano : June 2010
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

piano - Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation Empty Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:16 pm

How may family members? Because that's a huge house Shocked

I guess a grand piano would've suited the house better, but i'd take whatever piano someone would've given me ^_^
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

piano - Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation Empty Re: Extreme Makeover Home Edition Piano Donation

Post by ZoologyGirl Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:21 pm

mom, dad, 5 kids.

I just love the way they are carrying it, looks like a casket/funeral lol

I just got back from the big reveal "move that bus!" Tons of people in the crowd, crazy to think that house was basically built in 4 days. (Sunday demolition of old house, Monday started pouring concrete foundation, Thursday the house was done and they started moving in furniture)

I believe with the basement included the house is over 4,000 square feet (their old house was just around 500 square feet)
ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoologyGirl Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Actually, here's a video from the first day (last Saturday), the day they filmed the family leaving their old house and leaving for Florida (there was a very small small small crowd because only the neighbors were allowed on the street for this part....everyone else was held back at the street corners, so it was great getting this close to the filming. (I'm not a neighbor, but the security guard must have been asleep when me and my mother walked past lol). I still have tons of video to go through from monday, tues, wed, thur, and today, but this is what's up for now.

ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down