Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can we do to make this forum more active?

+2
Pianoted
Rickard
6 posters

Go down

What can we do to make this forum more active? Empty What can we do to make this forum more active?

Post by Rickard Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

What do you guys and girls think we can do to make this forum more active? Sure, there are a few posts per day, most posted by the few active members here but it's far from active as a whole here. As far as I have understood it, the forum was more active 1-2 years ago but now has almost died out.
Well I think the best idea would be if Andrew would come back and also if he would post a video telling about this forum. I'm pretty sure that not every of his subscribers have visited his Youtube page and I'm pretty sure alot of his subscribers didn't notice the link to this forum on his page (I didn't notice it either the first few times I visited his Youtube page). If he would tell about this forum in a video it would probably bring lots of more visitors. I've commented on two of his videos about that he should do a video where he tells about this forum but I haven't got any response back. Maybe a PM would work but I don't think he got time to check all the PMs.

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

What can we do to make this forum more active? Empty Re: What can we do to make this forum more active?

Post by Pianoted Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I agree with you, it has been very quiet here. People are having their vacations around this time, maybe the forum will come alive when autumn draws near.

It would be a great idea for Andrew to make a video about the forum. According to his last video (click here) he has been dealing with some bad health problems and barely been able to practice the piano for a while. So he needs time to recover.

But since every internet forum is nothing more or nothing less than the members attending it, let's all try to be active, at least those who have the time. Maybe the others will join in later.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

What can we do to make this forum more active? Empty Re: What can we do to make this forum more active?

Post by 1748 Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:02 pm

yes based on who have time to share is welcome here..dont be shy to post anything about music exspecially Piano
some of people will replay it...so do I in this is forum this is community to share information

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

The only way to keep the forum running and active is motivating the new people that register by answering their questions when posted and making them comfortable to talk and participate.

I felt myself at home since the first day I registered, and was willing to help expand the music community with all of you; but it's truly depressing to see the memberlist, of all 50 pages of members, about 2 pages are members that actually post once in a while. Thomas (thomandy) is for sure the reason for most of the posts made on the forum, not only his, but everyone else's too since his topics grew popular. But he can't be the only one doing this.

I don't know about you, but I see this being the least I can start off doing for Andrew, he deserves it.

Like a Star @ heaven
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Yes, it's a great shame that it is so quiet in here.
The Forum is FOR us and BY us, and I guess we should all be a little more active, or we are going to loose it alltogether.
For instance, in the "songs" area, there are a total of 30 posts for THIS ENTIRE YEAR. That's a bit pathetic.
What's wrong with posting a link/video/sheet when we found something interesting (with title in the subject, so it's easy to find) - you never know when that's gonna be the "catch of the day" for someone.
We all know how hard it is to find sheets to play - especially at the beginner levels. Of course tastes are different, so in any given list of 100 sheets, someone looking may only want to play say 10 of them. But the more we make available, the better chance we all have to find something we'd like to play, at what ever level we're at.
Most of us also like to watch videos of other people's progress (as we often learn something from that), so don't be shy posting whatever you're doing. This is also an area where maybe we all should be more supportive.
And we should share this place whenever possible. I have a link on my webpage, and if I ever post a video on YouTube I'd sure put a link there too. I hope that all of you actually making videos for YouTube will add a link for this forum (Thomas, I didn't see a link anywhere on your channel, or did I miss it?).

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:45 pm

jytte wrote: (Thomas, I didn't see a link anywhere on your channel, or did I miss it?)

There's the How to Play Piano link on his homepage, which is already a big deal. Andrew's website is very organized and there's a page for all his links, there's no way you can't find it if you search a little.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:57 pm

No, this comment was for thomandy (Thomas Andersen)
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

jytte wrote:No, this comment was for thomandy (Thomas Andersen)

I know. But I'm telling you that on Thomas' youtube homepage there's Andrew's how to play piano link.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 pm

There is an easy way to get to Thomandy's YouTube site. Just right click on any of his videos he has been posting here and choose "Watch on YouTube."

Sometimes users put a link to their YouTube sites in their signatures, that appear at the bottom of each message. That's a good way too.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Yes, now we just need more people with more good ideas Very Happy

And, what I meant actually, was that on thomandy's YouTube Channel (which I imagine is very much visited) there is no link to US (this forum). That was meant to be a strong HINT to thomandy, he he.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 am

OH! Sometimes I'm just a nutcase. geek
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am

Welcome to the club! Very Happy
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 pm

What can we do to make this forum more active? 1743568rxiugbopnj
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitch Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Kelly speaks the truth! Smile

Not only did her and Jytte replies got me back here, but it also brought back the eager to try new things and even more, to share it.I'm very insecure about my playing and my lack of knowledge of the theory.
No replies can be killing for new members who are as soft sensitive as I am Wink

On the other hand, I have about 6 forums that I'm actively registered to. I have a 40 hour dayjob, with 2 hours total driving and ongoing education for my career. I also have another time consuming hobby (poolbilliards) which I love. Besides that I play and record and try to give composing a go. I just can't be as active as I want to be. But replying still helps and might increase the 'forumprioritylist' for me!

Just my personal opinion, I hope it helps.

Pitch
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Piano, Didgeridoo, Djembé, Poolbilliards
Length of time playing piano : Keyboard: 18 years. Piano: just started
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down