Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My own Goals

+22
raptors_back
arzi
Marlyn
karax268
jeanne.supermum
Antd123
CripKilla
moonlight21
monophile
zeroflash
Crescent
Thomandy
JuliaC
Jordan
maggiekedves
1uc
VictorCS
Dalirus
kel2corkey
kaburto1966
Furelisa
Admin Andrew
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

My own Goals - Page 4 Empty Re: My own Goals

Post by monophile Thu May 22, 2008 2:01 pm

My Goals? Mhm.. let's see..

One of my musician goals is definitely to get good enough to play and record my music. Music did so much for me in my life, I want to give it something back, I want to say thanks to it... and what could be better than doing this with Music also? And I could be happy If someday I could give people the same with my music and playing. I think it's a big and nearly unreachable dream, but it really keeps me motivitated.

My Goal in Piano for now is to be able playing songs solo, and I won't give up until To Zanarkand will come out of my hands while sitting in front of a Piano. Also I want to be good enough to use it for composing more songs, so I can get a new view of composing and another method to create songs than on the guitar. In a more melodic and simple kind of way.

My Goal in Life for now are to move away from here (I'm living in Nuremberg, Bavaria at the moment) to Potsdam/Berlin with my girlfriend and get on my own feet. Then I will see what life brings.
And I want to enjoy the beauty of this world as long as I can do it. And trying to get a better person and learn something new day by day what's definitely not the easiest thing.
monophile
monophile
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Music, Guitar, Piano, Movies, Books, Photographing
Length of time playing piano : 1 Week
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://46x69.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlight21 Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am

My goals... Embarassed

Like a Star @ heaven learn more with the piano Smile
Like a Star @ heaven show my mom that I can play the piano so that I can convince her to buy a better one cheers
Like a Star @ heaven pass all the college entrance exams! (this August and September, good luck to me Like a Star @ heaven )
Like a Star @ heaven finish my studies study
Like a Star @ heaven be a successful person someday sunny
Like a Star @ heaven try to get more sleep this school year (I only sleep for 5-6 hours on school days Sleep )
Like a Star @ heaven the last one, to be able to achieve all the things listed here lol!
moonlight21
moonlight21
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : 4th year high school student/reading books and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : just started.. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 31, 2008 3:17 pm

moonlight21 wrote:My goals... Embarassed

Like a Star @ heaven learn more with the piano Smile
Like a Star @ heaven show my mom that I can play the piano so that I can convince her to buy a better one cheers
Like a Star @ heaven pass all the college entrance exams! (this August and September, good luck to me Like a Star @ heaven )
Like a Star @ heaven finish my studies study
Like a Star @ heaven be a successful person someday sunny
Like a Star @ heaven try to get more sleep this school year (I only sleep for 5-6 hours on school days Sleep )
Like a Star @ heaven the last one, to be able to achieve all the things listed here lol!

Sounds like a great list Very Happy Im also only sleeping 5hours when I go to school and work. Its way to little, but school and work rip you for your spare time Razz hehe

Hope you reach these goals Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 am

I didn't say my dreams anywhere so there I go:

-Play Chopin Piano Concerto No.2 with an orchestra ( lol! kinda precise)

-Be able to sight read Hard sheet instanly
-Have crazy/fast hands
-Play at church/concert
-etc.

king
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Antd123 Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 am

Well Ill start by first giving a little background about myself Well Im actually a Drummer I play the drums for my church Ive been playing the drums for about 3-4 years Im actually quite good if I do say so I picked the drums up really quickly. My father is a musician he plays guitar,bass,drums,and a little piano but he started playing by ear and he just about last year started getting into learning his notes. I want to play as many instruments as I can Ive enjoyed your lessons Im only at lesson 12 but Im just working my way. Im really into the scales Ive searched the web and found lots of the scales didnt know it was so many but Im working with them. I would like to be able to play the piano for my church one day. Music just seems to be apart of me since I was little even thought I started playing late Im 21 now. But I think with hard work and detication I can be a great pianist. I like your lessons because they are the fundementals like rudiments are to the drummer. They might not be the fancy stuff but they help you to play the fancy stuff better. I was reading your Bio Andrew and that made me think you were at the top of were you thought you could be but maybe thats not were God wanted you to be maybe your calling is teaching because it seems like you enjoy it. Just remeber we all have Mountains and Valleys to get thru. But after it is all done we will be better for it.

Antd123

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 am

Antd123 wrote:Well Ill start by first giving a little background about myself Well Im actually a Drummer I play the drums for my church Ive been playing the drums for about 3-4 years Im actually quite good if I do say so I picked the drums up really quickly. My father is a musician he plays guitar,bass,drums,and a little piano but he started playing by ear and he just about last year started getting into learning his notes. I want to play as many instruments as I can Ive enjoyed your lessons Im only at lesson 12 but Im just working my way. Im really into the scales Ive searched the web and found lots of the scales didnt know it was so many but Im working with them. I would like to be able to play the piano for my church one day. Music just seems to be apart of me since I was little even thought I started playing late Im 21 now. But I think with hard work and detication I can be a great pianist. I like your lessons because they are the fundementals like rudiments are to the drummer. They might not be the fancy stuff but they help you to play the fancy stuff better. I was reading your Bio Andrew and that made me think you were at the top of were you thought you could be but maybe thats not were God wanted you to be maybe your calling is teaching because it seems like you enjoy it. Just remeber we all have Mountains and Valleys to get thru. But after it is all done we will be better for it.

Looks like you got plenty of healthy things to say! Smile
Welcome to the forum! Just post away and ask anything ! Smile
Andrew is on a break because of an exam in the end of this month and he got that thendonities ruining for him with all the typing! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

My own Goals - Page 4 Empty Goals and Dreams

Post by jeanne.supermum Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:I have many goals for myself. Embarassed

One of them is to be a great teacher Very Happy I want to impact people in a positive way as much as I possibly can.
I love you
I love you
I also want to develop my own skills and become a better pianist and better musician in general! I love to learn so I want to make sure I never stop learning something new everyday study

Also another goal of mine is to one day play Chopin's e minor Concerto with a full orchestra! I think that'd be amazing!
Very Happy

I want to have a family, have kids, and keep following my passion. I won't be satisfied with "just getting by" I think wasted potential is much worse than not having potential at all. king

Hi Andrew,

you will be so blessed because you can pass your musical gifts to your kids! I'm sure you will be able to play the e minor concerto!

you r right about not wanting to "just get by" in life - you only have 1 life anyway, live it!

Yeah!

Have fun!

jeanne.supermum
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 23
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by karax268 Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Hmm, goals...

Well I have a few.

For the piano:

Well basically I just want to do justice to whatever amount of talent/potential I have, wheter that is palying twinkle, twinkle, litlle star at home where no one can hear me or play beethovens fifth in a big orchestra with thousands of people in the audience doesn't really mater.

Further goals:

I want to earn my living with my writing one day, that's what I really want. further I'd like to see much of the world and learn lots of languages

karax268
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Piano, Writing
Length of time playing piano : four months now I think
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlyn Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:47 am

For now I just want to improve my memory(I heard piano is great for that)...then see how much talent I have....A long term goal is to compose music for other artist.
Marlyn
Marlyn
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Chatting,Reading,Writing,Playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 9/22/08
Registration date : 2008-09-12

https://www.facebook.com/Marlyn1982

Back to top Go down

Post by arzi Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 am

Hmm.... One of my goals is to completely learn and understand how to play music, after that I would like to apply music as a form of therapy and relaxation so I can relate it to my future job of being a nurse someday ^_^
arzi
arzi
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:05 am

arzi wrote:Hmm.... One of my goals is to completely learn and understand how to play music, after that I would like to apply music as a form of therapy and relaxation so I can relate it to my future job of being a nurse someday ^_^

Yeah, that my main goal to, at least the first part Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

My own Goals - Page 4 Empty I dont have big goals with piano, but ...

Post by raptors_back Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 am

I dont know the true meaning why I play piano. I'm never skilled at playing it.
But there are times in my life when I come home from school.
And sit down quietly on the chair, just start playing sad songs.

There really is no purpose in life. But you eventually find somthing in this world that keeps you want to stay alive

raptors_back
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 pm

raptors_back wrote:There really is no purpose in life.

Yes, it is. It's reproducing lol!
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 am

VictorCS wrote:

And of course all the practice along the way Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by wamaral Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am

Thomandy wrote:
VictorCS wrote:

And of course all the practice along the way Wink
Sure, I'm too old to become a concert pianist, so I won't be practicing piano 8 hours a day
Now that other practice you mentioned, 8 hours a day I wouldn't complain at all Laughing
wamaral
wamaral
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 59
Length of time playing piano : Since March 2008
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://wamaral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianokid220 Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Andrew
You must really like that chopin piano concertro ^_^

I do to It my ringtone but I am 12
I don't think I will be able to play for a while
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Post by nescentes Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am

We have the last one goal for sure -about family I love you
I have a lot of goals. For eg, I draw Saints (Byzantine Orthodox Agiography) but I havent finished my studies on it till now -the only certificate are my works of art. But music triggers emotions, so sometimes brings inspiration for more. Having a piano here, in the house, that cannot be played as I want, makes me feel "out of tune". And usually, I do the same as the user raptors_back -ofcourse two years have passed from this comment, and I hope he/she has escaped from this. Because when I start something new and difficulties come along, I stop and I feel very disappointed. But I go back to the race again! My recently goals are to play "Hungarian Rhapsody #2" -insane for a person who cannot use both hands -__- and someday, maybe, play "Rachmaninoff - Prelude in c# minor" and "Beethoven - Moonlight sonata mov.1". I have full intentions learning piano by your lessons. And I belive, I will albino

I hope your goals will come true Andrew! sunny

ps: I have tried out a Church organ in Hungary, and it is awesome!

Last edited by nescentes on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just a note)
nescentes
nescentes
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-15

http://epnm.gr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not a needy kind of person, mom and dad taught me well. But actually goals aren't things you'll get begging for; it's more like a personal achievement, either you go after it, or you'll be wildly running in circles.

First thing I'd like to accomplish is to get into med. school, which has been one of the things I've most been putting effort on these past few years. Let's say that I love helping people that much. I feel like I was born for it, that my mission is to provide people of the least they deserve. My goal is not to change the world, but nothing's going to stop me from trying.
But there are many other ways to change people's lives, doctors are just one of them; Andrew has brought smiles to many faces with all this hard work of his, he deserves just as much consideration.

Secondly, improving myself as a person, personal changes are needed, like, I have to quit being so stubborn, I'd actually say I have a strong personality, but that's just a pretty way to say stubborn. lol.

Thirdly, I will some day be able to play nice songs on the piano, but I should add that my intention is not being able to write my own songs, but as I'm learning music theory, I wouldn't mind to compose some things in the future, it's just not my main goal when I'm talking about piano. I'm not trying to be mediocre and just learn some songs and being happy with it, I'm just saying that at the moment my main goal is to learn all the theory I need to learn (which has been very fun) and in the future I'll think about composing and all that stuff.

Fourthly, another goal of mine is to never run out of goals, life wouldn't have no meaning if there were nothing more to get better at.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content