Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew's piano lessons

3 posters

Go down

Andrew's piano lessons Empty Andrew's piano lessons

Post by SenilityBeckons Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I'm a complete beginner with very little musical talent. However, I enjoy listening to good music and recently stumbled across your (Andrew's) excellent piano lessons and have already learnt a great deal from them. One thing that would help me greatly would be a video of Andrew dissecting an intermediate level piece (which he has never played before) from looking at its score, explaining his thought process as to how he thinks it should be played, how he interprets the dynamics, fingering patterns, integrating left and right hand, etc. Finally, at the end of the lesson(s), the piece could be played in say, half tempo, enabling beginners to appreciate how an advanced pianist goes about constructing and perfecting a piece of music, given its score.

Any chance of such a video being uploaded soon?

In any event, your selflessness in trying to bring the joys of good piano playing to the world is much appreciated,

Thank You.

SenilityBeckons

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Andrew's piano lessons Empty Re: Andrew's piano lessons

Post by ROBIN Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 am

hi senility and welcome ...yeah it would be a great vid ..but i think it may take a lot of time to make though ..andrews vids do give us the knowledge to be able to do these things ..it is just up to us how we use it and in which order Wink

Last edited by ROBIN on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 am

I second that this would be an incredibly helpful video because going through the motions of a semi-complicated piece which is still attainable for beginners can be a hard thing to accomplish if you don't know HOW to deconstruct a piece. Smile

With Andrew's great teaching methods it will be incredibly inspirational when he breaks complicated pieces into something beginners can get their heads around so then they can go away and think, "I guess I will be able to play piano and those complicated pieces which I love so much" Razz

For a beginner complicated pieces look daunting and unachievable and even though they may not be able to play an entire say, Level 6 piece right from the outset, they will learn it isn't so incredibly hard and can work on the simple sections, practice the harder ones along with other lower level pieces until *Bingo!* they can do a part they couldn't do a week or 2 ago and gradually gain in confidence until they eventually can tackle the whole of the piece they so love and thought they could never do. Razz

Just because someone's fingers are new to piano simply means they need more inspiration and drive to get those fingers working and there is no greater determination than being able to play your favourite piece, even if its only a section. Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down