Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 9 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by pianohama Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 am

Thomandy wrote:New Improv Smile This is my second one. It is mainly in D Major. But, I decided to jump ofkey to get different effects. I also love the effect when I play seconds, or when the seconds is octaves apart Smile

Its heavy the first 2 min and ligheter the last 4 Smile

Enjoy Very Happy

Improv #2 - Anger is Passion

Keep in mind that Improv is NOT somthing I practice Razz

Good job with your new improv, here's my thoughts/notes i wrote while listening;

ok beginnign starting really evil, nice.

ok now its starting to feel a happy part 1:00 ...

back to evil again..

Ok, 1:10 - 2:14 now I feel that your'e just bashing the keys without putting any thought into it, not to be rude, but this part was very bad, and waay to much pedal...

2:15 - Ahh.. a fresh breeze... This part I liked (:

3:00 Ok, this melody been going over and over now, we need something new...

3:35 ish, ok back to bashing...

bashy bashy...

4:07 - I like!

Nice and calm ending!

Overall a decent improv, some notes are: try be more careful with the pedal especially when your bashing the darker octaves, try not to stay on the same melody over and over again, always think forward.

I hope you liked my critic and hopefully we will see a new improv from you soon. Gj
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 9 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 am

pianohama wrote:
Good job with your new improv, here's my thoughts/notes i wrote while listening;
ok beginnign starting really evil, nice.
ok now its starting to feel a happy part 1:00 ...
back to evil again..
Ok, 1:10 - 2:14 now I feel that your'e just bashing the keys without putting any thought into it, not to be rude, but this part was very bad, and waay to much pedal...
2:15 - Ahh.. a fresh breeze... This part I liked (:
3:00 Ok, this melody been going over and over now, we need something new...
3:35 ish, ok back to bashing...
bashy bashy...
4:07 - I like!
Nice and calm ending!
Overall a decent improv, some notes are: try be more careful with the pedal especially when your bashing the darker octaves, try not to stay on the same melody over and over again, always think forward.
I hope you liked my critic and hopefully we will see a new improv from you soon. Gj

Hi Very Happy Well, tips is and rewievs is of course great Smile But also Improv dosnt need to follow a formula. The first bashing is intense I feel. The seond bashing is defenenty clear melody that I loved Razz Remember the title. Anger is passion. That Is the anger at work you see Wink But of course to pull of a great improv over 6 min for me would have been amazing since I dont spend anytime parcticing it Razz Hehe

Glad to hear your thoughts Smile Music work different from person to person Smile Thats the beauty of it. What might be boring for some is deep and meningfull to others Very Happy

There are really no right answer!! Is what Im trying to say. Take for ex some of these comments made on youtube:

"Wow, great man, really emotional.
I'd love to see more of this kind of music Smile"

"Wooow, very well done! Very Happy Yay, I like these heavy and 'angry' parts - they're so intense. Love the light ones too. Smile"

"Heeey Wink This was totally awesome man Smile
I felt the anger raising in me, then calm, then a bit anger again then just calm at the end!!! Awesome!! Very Happy "

What is mediocre and somewhat boring to some, creates Great emotions in others. That is
the beauty with music, wether it is compositions or improvs Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Well. This is a video I made as a tribute to my first 100 subscribers Smile
I didnt record me playing these two ((easy but beautyful)) pieces since this time I wanted the focus to be on my subscribers Smile (+ Recording demands more time) Enjoy Smile

1: Menuet G Major - Bach
2: Pastorale - Burgmüller

Last edited by Thomandy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Now it works Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Wonderful!!! ^_^ I'm honored to be mentioned! that was very sweet of you!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Wonderful!!! ^_^ I'm honored to be mentioned! that was very sweet of you!

Tnx Smile The first page is constructed! Hehe
So the ones that earned special mention is on the first page! Wink

The dumb thing is that Youtube turns the volume up 1/2 sec after the first note, seems like Im rushing the beginning alot bounce
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:35 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:Wonderful!!! ^_^ I'm honored to be mentioned! that was very sweet of you!

Tnx Smile The first page is constructed! Hehe
So the ones that earned special mention is on the first page! Wink

The dumb thing is that Youtube turns the volume up 1/2 sec after the first note, seems like Im rushing the beginning alot bounce

Aww! well thanks! It's an honor to be on the first page! Very Happy heheh I feel special! cheers
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
Aww! well thanks! It's an honor to be on the first page! Very Happy heheh I feel special! cheers

Hehe sunny
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykaerdoe Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:55 am

Nice video, and nice playing.

Been trying to learn that piece too, but the one i have have some tricky 64th notes in there (well like one or two, but still, i cant manage to make them fast enough xD).

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 9 Menuet10

Btw, what piano is that at 0:58? ^_^
Rykaerdoe
Rykaerdoe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Studant/full-time worker ^_^
Length of time playing piano : 21/07/08
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyd Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:05 am

where can i get my hands of that specific canon in d sheet music? even a midi file would be nice. nice preformance by the way, i can only play the shortened, easy version, of fur elise, that andrew did the video on.

khalyd

Male Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : piano!
Length of time playing piano : less than a month
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://www.myspace.com/browniebizle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:33 am

Rykaerdoe wrote:Nice video, and nice playing.

Been trying to learn that piece too, but the one i have have some tricky 64th notes in there (well like one or two, but still, i cant manage to make them fast enough xD).

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 9 Menuet10

Btw, what piano is that at 0:58? ^_^

Hi Smile Tnx. Welcome to my topic, hehe Wink

Well about those 64. I dont got them in my sheets. So im not sure how fast they really should be. But from the sheets you show me it seams that you should just tap really fast so it, well how to put it.. Sounds like you are buttoning a clipsbutton (dont know what its calld, but you understand?) Smile

Not: Tap tap tap -
But: ta,ta,-tap -

Just practice slow, and sudanly youll get it Smile

058 is just a futuristic piano, dont know if anyone has made one!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:36 am

khalyd wrote:where can i get my hands of that specific canon in d sheet music? even a midi file would be nice. nice preformance by the way, i can only play the shortened, easy version, of fur elise, that andrew did the video on.

The one I perform here you mean?? I can take a picture of the sheets and post it if you want it. There isnt any copyrightrules attached to my book anyways! Smile

Tnx Smile If you can play that, its good Smile The theme is really nice! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Another new piece! Razz Hehe... Angela, you said you wherent a big fan of Haydn?! Well you cant resist liking this Little Serenade! Smile

Little Serenade - Joseph Haydn
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Woow ...
I've Just watched these vids. now
Great Thomas ..

You are Playing like a pro & not a 6 mnths. Player Shocked

Keep Going ....

Hope that i'll be like you ...

( Still in Lesson 13# ... which Andrew said that we have to practice 1 hour daily at least .. i'll get the scales book & try pale
By the way ... I Bought a book from my institution called : Solfége Des Solfége ... they said that it's important & we'll study from it soon ... Any Ideas ??)
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryderyk Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Amro wrote:Woow ...
Great Thomas ..

Keep Going ....

( Still in Lesson 13# ... which Andrew said that we have to practice 1 hour daily at least .. i'll get the scales book & try pale
By the way ... I Bought a book from my institution called : Solfége Des Solfége ... they said that it's important & we'll study from it soon ... Any Ideas ??)

Loved the performance, i see you have quite the repertoire, well i only have a repertoire of 4 pieces so XD, well anyways any suggestions to broaden up my Repertoire? also Amro i have that book which in my country it is "Solfeo de los Solfeos", my teacher says that the Solfege is of the utmost importance, especially in the piano so she says
Fryderyk
Fryderyk
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 108
Job/hobbies : Piano Student
Length of time playing piano : Half year approximatly
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyd Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Thomandy wrote:
khalyd wrote:where can i get my hands of that specific canon in d sheet music? even a midi file would be nice. nice preformance by the way, i can only play the shortened, easy version, of fur elise, that andrew did the video on.

The one I perform here you mean?? I can take a picture of the sheets and post it if you want it. There isnt any copyrightrules attached to my book anyways! Smile

Tnx Smile If you can play that, its good Smile The theme is really nice! Smile

well thanks, and yeah i would really appreciate it if you would post the sheet music Very Happy

khalyd

Male Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : piano!
Length of time playing piano : less than a month
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://www.myspace.com/browniebizle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am

Amro wrote:Woow ...
Great Thomas ..

Keep Going ....

Thank you!!!!!! Very Happy:D You will be with some practice Wink

Ah, yeah. 1 hour a day is probably a great tips From Andrew Smile I try to do at least 1 hour every day. Some days more, and a few days only 10-15 min if Im not motivated at all. Just doing scales with metronome!!

My tips in generall would be to practice scales with metronome!! Almost every day for 10min +/-
Learn new pieces all the time. I usually got 1 hard going on, and then I finish some easyer ones at the same time as working on the hard one! Smile So atm Im learning 1-2 new pieces a week + the bigone! Smile

Scales, scales and scales + fun!! Smile Just have fun. If you just want to ramble around on the piano, DO IT!! Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:18 am

Fryderyk wrote:
Loved the performance, i see you have quite the repertoire, well i only have a repertoire of 4 pieces so XD, well anyways any suggestions to broaden up my Repertoire?

Tnx ;D It means alot!! Smile

Well, it all depends really. As I told Amro I always got 1 hard piece going on and 1-2 or 3 smaller ones at the same time. Finishing the small ones fast, recording them, and "forgets" them.. Thats really my tips, since I dont got alot of experience Razz

Like these pieces I posted recently I used max 3-4 hours, on some only 1 hour before recording. That makes it easyer to learn more pieces Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 am

Hey rykardeo where did you find this sheet? I want it it's the true version! Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:54 am

Here it is! My big "surprisepiece" Smile

It took my like forever to do, since I kept on messing up all over the place. But, after 4-5 hours troughout the day I hopefully nailed it Very Happy I am at least satisfied. So counting the 4-5 hours I used to get this recording I have totally used 25-30 hours on this piece! Smile Started 5 weeks ago Smile

Here it is:

Turkish March - Mozart

Last edited by Thomandy on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykaerdoe Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:39 am

xD i am totally amazed ^_^, very nice Thomandy!

@Cripkilla i have it on "real" paper, a friend gave some easy pieces to train, etc, the little extract i posted was actually written by me on some sheet making program, if you dont need the fingering i can send you a pdf with the piece (have it all but the fingering, as i made it to get a midi to transfer to my piano), so just pm me you email or smt ^_^
Rykaerdoe
Rykaerdoe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Studant/full-time worker ^_^
Length of time playing piano : 21/07/08
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:13 am

WHOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! THOMAS!!!! I"M SO SURPISED!!!!! You did SOO WELL!!! I'm sure you're hoping for more than just me saying how great you did, you want some tips to improve even further don't you?

Alright, well here's what I can come up with, now keep in mind i'd say you played this VERY well, if i was marking you, I would've given you "First Class Honors" which it between 80-89 and is VERY VERY GOOD! I normally get first class honors for my pieces, and sometimes I get in the 90's as well, which is very tough to do, but it's possible.

I think you're ALMOST at that level. It also might be that it's not a real piano and that is still holding you back just a tad. Anyway! Onto my helpful tips.

At 1:25 you progressed into some quicker notes with the RH, I felt that some of them were slightly uneven, and it sounded liek you didnt' have full control of the notes at that time, I would say you had 85-90% control, but the notes weren't bending to your will like a concert pianist would have them bend. I think it STILL sounded good, just not PERFECT. How can you improve this? Well, I noticed your fingers were playing on the very edge of the black keys, there IS more space you can use. Generally I think you could do better to play with slightly flatter fingers (less curved but STILL curved) and try to put your hand in the MIDDLE of where the notes will ALL be, that why there's less hand moving to do, which creates less problems.

Your trills at 0:48-0:50 were VERY VERY well done, clean, quick and well voiced (very impressed)

Now, around 1:58 you get to the octave section, this section looked more difficult than the rest for you, your RH hand looked tense and very ridged, I could see your hand locked in one position the key here is to keep your hand almost completely relaxed, like a rag doll and just aim your fingers at the keys keep relax, and tell yourself "this is easy" "play it easy" "this is sooo easy for me" over and over and over again. Let your arms sway and get into it. keep relaxing, I notice you play with a Finger centric mindset and not a whole body mindset, use your BODY to play the piano, not just your hands or lower forearms. I'd LOVE to explain this in real life, as it's hard to do over a forum, but try to think about it. NOW! These octaves ALSO MUST sound like there are two hands playing each of these notes in a MELODIC way, not in a bouncing up and down chord attack, think of a melody line, the way to practice this is by ONLY playing your thumb and trying to make a melody line with it, while you aren't connecting it, LISTEN to the sound you're getting, and shape your phrases. Then use the pinky and do the same thing, THEN put them together, it should sound MUCH cleaner and polished.

I LOVED you're left hand, it was bouncy, energetic, clean, wonderful! you're RH played the main starting them VERY well!!! The only parts that were lack luster were the quick running notes, they sounded uneven at times like there would be 2 or 3 played fast followed by one a little bit slower, not HUGELY different, just slightly, but enough for someone with an ear to notice.

On the chords at 3:20 Try to voice the TOP note of each chord in your RH so that you're highlighting the melody line, this will give a nicer more singing quality to your chords and the other notes will act as a filler, which makes the chord sound less blocky and more organic ^_^

On the VERY last two chords, when you play the 2nd chord you could hesitate and tease the audience for just a SPLIT second to make them listen for the last chord ^_^

Overall, i'd give you a mark of 84 on the piece ^_^ VERY VERY VERY good work! I"m GREATLY impressed!! Anything that sounded bad up there were minor details that I said to help you keep learning! ^_^

Take care!!! Thanks SO much for this performance i GREATLY enjoyed it! I'm proud of you

cheers
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zihanah Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 am

wow thomandy
you real good at playing
i wish to play good like thet one day
good jobb Smile
zihanah
zihanah
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 27
Job/hobbies : speel klavier en te dans XD (play piano and dancing)
Length of time playing piano : een maand (one month)
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 am

Rykaerdoe wrote:
" a friend gave some easy pieces to train "

oooh its not easy Rolling Eyes
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 am

Wow Thomandy ...
We are all amazed ...

I Got a great feeling Now ...
How Do you Feel ??

Well ... Great Job & Keep Going ...
I'm not a pro so I wouldn't say anything ... Our Pro has just Replied Very Happy
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next