Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me.

2 posters

Go down

My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me. Empty My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me.

Post by Sparrow Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:28 am

Well. Received an email from the Stony Brook International Piano Festival the other day. If there's one place I won't be this July, it's New York. I keep telling myself that the last seven months weren't a waste and what I gained was much more important than being rejected by people who have never even met me. I learned the hardest music I have ever attempted. I loved learning those pieces. These were the happiest seven months of my life. All this is very true, but I'm still rather crushed. I really believe that anything is possible, but it's hard to keep believing that when things like this happen. I wanted to believe that I could be accepted into the elite club of piano performing despite the fact that there is nothing remotely remarkable about my playing except for the fact that I live for it. But how can I believe that when I'm constantly turned away? This sucks.

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me. Empty Re: My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me.

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Smile I want to let you know that, sometimes what you think you want so bad isn't actually what will make you happy in the end. Maybe it's a good thing you weren't accepted for now.

You also don't need to be in a "school" to learn, most of the learning we do in life is done outside the walls of the school. You can still continue to progress Smile

I personally believe there's a reason for everything and nothing happens by chance. Instead of looking at the bad in this situation, ask yourself, what are the good things about this?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me. Empty Re: My dream was just crushed. Sucks to be me.

Post by Sparrow Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 pm

thanks andrew Smile i know its not as bad as it seems right now. and at least this way i can get a job this summer.

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:34 am

no problem ^_^ Things will get better! Keep practising Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down